Sunday, March 15, 2015

A fun new mini album

I had purchased this Graphic 45 Couture paper some time ago (in multiple sizes, though only the 12x12 is being used at this time).  Technique wise, these are not techniques that I developed on my own.  I learned them over many years of creating scrapbook albums.  I try to credit when I remember who/where I learned from, but cannot always do that.  These are often an interpretation of learned techniques.  I have been scrapping over 30 years now, so no telling on some items :).  I create items because I enjoy the creative process.  It is my outlet (no, I am not a runner LOL). 

I have also seen quite a few you tube videos using vertical paper bag albums and wanted to give one a try.  You may remember I did one sort of vertical quite some time ago - It was a matchbook album from February of 2012.  Scroll down past the telescoping album to see the interior of these mini's

Well - now to try another style - the ideas is from quite a few locations, the only thing I can say for certain is that I used a Laura Dennison style stack the deck binding.  I really like that one and how it lets my pages lay out flat.



 Yes, I am including 3/8" strips of paper in between the pages - I left large, 1/2" gaps so I can make this a much more chunky album.  It is not complete at this time - still building!
 some of the tags - there are two sizes - long for the long portion of the paper bag and a shorter one for the side of the paper bag with the folded base.
 a few of the 'tags' that came with this line of paper. 
I am experimenting with two pocket styles.  I either saw Kathy Orta or My Sisters Scrapper doing this deeper style.Notice the floral one has nearly 3" of depth, while the standard one has approximately 1".







I plan to update as more of this album is complete.  Supply list and such will be over at scraprageous  forums

No comments:

Post a Comment